By Elin James Jones

FOLLOWING LAST YEAR’S overwhelming success, the AU:STRIPPED team have introduced their 2011 edition of their unique calendar. A select group of AU sports teams came together last week, despite the freezing conditions, to bare (almost) all for charity. 

Saints Sports’ athletes and this year’s photographer, The Saint’s Nina Zietman, braved the elements to produce some eye-catching photos. Ranging from a snowy December shoot with the Lacrosse Girls to an interesting take on Old Course etiquette with the Ladies and Men’s Golf Clubs, the calendar does not lack variety and ingenuity. 

The AU:STRIPPED organisers wish to thank all the teams involved for their enthusiasm and spirit.

The teams taking part were: Clay Pigeon Shooting, Men’s and Women’s Football, Men’s and Ladies’ Golf, Women’s Hockey, Women’s Lacrosse, Netball, Men’s Rugby, Trampolining and Men’s and Women’s Waterpolo. 

All proceeds this year will go to the Fife branch of Scottish Disability Sport, which helps sponsor local athletes to fulfil their sporting goals. Scottish Disability Sport is the Scottish governing and co-coordinating body of all sports for people with a physical, sensory or learning disability. It is constantly attempting to widen the range of available sports options for individuals of all levels who live with a disability in Scotland.With Glasgow playing host to the 2012 Paralympic Games, it is undoubtedly a worthy cause.

Pre-orders are already flowing in, so those interested in purchasing the calendar are advised to grab a copy before the end of this semester. The cost is £7 each and orders should be sent to: austripped@gmail.com.